Welcome to STOPOVER, the first installment in a special series of tasj supplements released during key points in the international art fair and biennale calendar. This edition is dedicated to the best of Miami 2010. If you are in Miami, you can pick up your copy at SCOPE (we are in booth F04, so come say hi), a handful of the other fairs and at many of the show and event venues around town.
As you can see above, page 1 recommends our top 5 things to do outside the fairs:
1. Isaac Julien/Creative Caribbean Network - catch the US premiere of 10,000 Wavesplus past series in his largest retrospective to date. (Bass Museum of Art, Dec 1)
2. Daniel Arsham- three exciting new bodies of work comprise his new solo show, Alter. (Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin, Nov 30)
3. Dan Witz: In Plain View Book Signing- the archetypal urban prankster will sign limited edition, hand painted copies of his new monograph at 3:30pm at our booth at SCOPE (F04) and at an event on Harbor Island the following evening. (SCOPE Miami, Dec 2 & MIA | MI CIELO, Dec 3)
4. Trespass Book Signing - Ethel Seno, Carlo McCormick and Marc and Sara Schiller will sign copies of their new book from 8-10pm while Shepard Fairey DJs. (Taschen Store, Dec 3)
5. Time Capsule, Age 13 to 21: The Contemporary Art Collection of Jason Rubell - an exhibition of 95 works acquired by Jason Rubell between 1983 and 1991, featuring Bernd and Hilla Becher, George Condo, Eric Fischl, Andreas Gursky, Keith Haring, Sol LeWitt, Richard Prince, Gerhard Richter, Cindy Sherman and Christopher Wool, amongst others. (Rubell Family Collection, Dec 1 - August 26)
Pages 2-3 (you really need to see them side by side) give tips on galleries to check out at Art Basel Miami Beach, Nada, Scope, Pulse and Aqua Art Miami. They also give the addresses for the other fairs (Art Miami, Red Dot, SEVEN and Fountain on the Wynwood/Midtown side and DesignMiami, ZOOM, Ink, PooL and Verge on the Miami Beach side). I’m personally looking forward to visiting ZOOM when I get a chance.
Finally, page 4 highlights 12 artists participating in Primary Flight to keep an eye out for as you walk the streets of Wynwood: Revok, Stormie Mills, Remi/Rough, Nunca, The London Police, Jersey Joe/Rime, Escif, Barry McGee, M-City, Roa, Ellis G and Ericailcane.
Have fun and see you around!